Choose Language /
Escoja el Idioma
Search Form for Mambí Army
(For instructions please first visit
our Mambi Army Data Base Page).
enter search terms in one or more of the following boxes:
- The surnames do not have to be capitalized.
- If you do not enter any 'wildcard' characters, the retrieved names will match exactly what you have entered.
- The wildcard character "_" (underscore) matches any single character. The wildcard character "%" (percent) matches any string of characters.
- If you are not sure of the spelling, you can enter the first few letters of the surname, followed by %. As an example "gar%" will find all the "Garcia", "Garces", "Garmendia", etc. As another example, if you type "Martel" you will not find "Martell", but if you type "Martel%" or "Martel_" you will.
- After searching for a name, also search for the name followed by the widcard "%" in case there are comments or alternate spellings following the name.
- When you search for first name(s) we highly recommend that you initially search for the first letter of the name, followed by the wildcard "%". Often only the first initial of the name was published. Also, if you search for "Jose" you would miss "Jose Maria" and "Jose M.". This can be avoided by searching for "Jose%". Be aware that all initials are followed by a period "." in our database.
- The search results are shown in order of soldier number. Soldier numbers are unique.
- There are several gaps in the soldier number sequence of the original data.
- In a few cases,the original reference has two versions of the surname or other important information on the same soldier. In such cases, two entries have been made, one for each version. In the first entry an "A" has been added to the end of the soldier number and in the second entry a "B" has been added to the end of the soldier number. Remember to search for the soldier number followed by a "_" to find both entries.
- The Roloff book has an Appendix of late additions, where soldiers are listed numbered 1 to 64. To avoid duplicating these numbers, we have arbitrarily added 90000 to the original soldier numbers in this Appendix.
- Please consult the list of Corps ID codes and ranks before entering such values in the search form. Ranks must be entered from the valid list of values, in Spanish. A search for the rank of "Soldado" (soldier) will be ignored to avoid the extremely large number of answers that would result.
- The top ranks of "General en Jefe" and "Lugarteniente General" do not appear in the data base because they do not appear in the Roloff book.
- Entry dates must be entered in the format "02-Nov-95" (with a leading zero if the day is less than 10). Use the Spanish version of the month abreviation ("Ene"=January, "Abr"=April, "Ago"=August, "Dic"=December) If you only want those that entered during a given year use "%95" (change the "95" to the desired year), If you want those that entered during a given month and year use "%Mar-95".
Please note that some entries do not have a date in the Roloff book.
Home | Getting Started | Lookup | Queries | Sources | References | Links | Shop |
Search Form for Mambi Army Data Base - Updated
Copyright © 2007-2011 - Ed Elizondo
All Rights Reserved - Todos los Derechos Reservados